Monday, August 31, 2009

Thankful

So today was a pretty scary day at the Venard house. I was in my office at about 4:45 or so when a colleague came in and said that another colleague, whose child is in the same infant room as Molly, was going to get her daughter because she was "hit". I decided that, rather than chance it, I would go pick Molly up a bit early. The daycare is only about five minutes from my office and when I got outside I noticed there were a few news helicopters above, kinda odd. Once I pulled into the apartment complex where the daycare is located I knew this "hit" was not just an accidental hit by another child or even a physical hit by one of the care providers. I had to park some distance away and then, upon seeing multiple fire engines and ambulances, I RAN to the daycare. There was a small SUV that was IN the infant room! Somebody had driven in to the room where there eight babies (including Molly) spend their days away from home! I was then greeted by a fireman who took my information and then confirmed with the daycare director that I was a parent. The fireman led me through the caution tape and to the room where infants were. Molly was there and pretty shaken up but she was uninjured. One of the care providers had been feeding her a short distance from the accident. I cannot describe the panic I felt when I arrived or the relief at seeing Molly! Once we got home we heard that all the injured babies (3 of them) were fine but were still in the hospital under observation. Thank God the babies are alright it is such a blessing! So, tonight I will check Molly a million extra times and tomorrow Jake and I will hug her tighter and treasure every moment even more.

Here is a link to the news site which has a TV clip on the incident:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/56411292.html

1 comment:

Corina said...

Oh my Trina - what a scare! So glad she's fine.